- Specialty: Advanced Practice
- Role: APP
- State: North Dakota
PHYSICIAN ASSISTANT OR NURSE PRACTIONER NEEDED IN GRAND FORKS, ND – ONSITE
Synergy Health Partners is recruiting PA's or ARNP's to join our team at Altru Hosptial in Grand Forks, ND. Grand Forks is located along the west bank of the Red River in North Dakota. Altru Hospital is a Level II trauma hospital and is affilitated with the University of North Dakota.
The Physician Assistant (PA) or Nurse Practitioner (NP) will provide a wide range of pre, peri, and post-operative care to surgical patients. The PA/NP will participate under the supervising surgeon's direct, general, or personal supervision in the office and hospital settings. This position is a full time position.
- Obtain a detailed history and physical examination of the presenting surgical problem
- Prescribe medical, therapeutic, or corrective measures.
- Recognize and evaluate clinical situations that call for the immediate attention of the supervising surgeon
- Prescribe medications as allowable under state law and Federal DEA regulations
- Order and interpret laboratory tests and diagnostic studies
- Address and resolve clinical inquiries from patients, office and hospital staff related to surgeons and PA/NP patient volume
- Perform detailed and accurate documentation of patient encounters in a timely manner
- Perform and/or assist in consultation of hospital in-patients and emergency room patients
- Provide support to the surgeon on daily and weekend call schedule as agreed upon by PA/NP and surgeon
- Provide clinical support to the surgeon in the operating room, emergency department, and hospital setting
- Provide First Assist support in the operating room
- Perform and/or assist with rounding in hospital as needed
- Assist with returning pages from the hospital
- Prepare consult cases with review of studies, document history, and physical examination
- Ordering of appropriate medications, testing, consultations, as well as other pre-and post-operative care per surgeon’s protocol
- Perform procedures at various hospital settings under physician supervision (direct/indirect) commensurate with training, experience, and/or credentialing
- Other duties as assigned and requested by surgical team members
Competencies for Physician Assistant or Nurse Practitioner:
- Must have high level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations
- Working knowledge of medical terminology
- Good phone skills; Excellent Customer Service
- Organized; sets priorities, and able to multi-task
- Baccalaureate Degree or higher in Physician Assistant Sciences, Nurse Practitioner, or related degree
- Completion of an APAP or NP approved program with 60 hours of didactical training in pharmacology
- Current PA/NP licensure and certification
- 1-3 years of surgery experience or completion of a PA/NP surgical residency program
Please reply to email@example.com with your updated CV. We look forward to connecting with you soon.